Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Chatting vs Phone Call



The teens are on to something.

As I am looking for an application hosting company I am appreciating the speed of chatting on the web.

In the past I would be required to telephone each of the companies individually and get through the small talk with the sales agent.

In the new world of web-chat - I typed up my list of specifications for the two servers, opened up chat sessions with 3 vendors at a time and then pasted my requirements and my contact information.

Most of the vendors took my information and plan to e-mail me back.
One vendor who seemingly doesn't "get it" promised to call me to get more information.   I don't need to talk to you.  I only need your pricing.

I realize that all of them will harass me by phone and e-mail after they send me their proposals.

No comments: