Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Geographic Information System Used To Plot Election Results Get An A+

As a person who has to know about Location Based Services and related technology as part of my job I was blown off of my feet by the advancement in the technology to represent election results down to the county level. All of the major news organizations knocked it out of the park with their ability to provide web based information in graphical form that translated into data once the user clicked through.

I will be pissed if they take down these Interactive maps any time soon. I need to learn this stuff

Here are is a sampling of who got it right:

Fox News - Love the drill down effects and animation

CNN Gets Their Props as well - they have their local election result details in a more straight forward and presentable format

MSNBC - I like the pop up summary sheet that provides information

Wall Street Journal - comprehensive information

No comments: